Construction certificates

When undertaking any building or structural work, you will need to obtain a Construction Certificate - previously known as a Building Application - in addition to securing development consent through a DA.

A Construction Certificate certifies that the detailed construction plans and specifications for the development are consistent with the development consent and comply with the Building Code of Australia.

A Construction Certificate is required prior to the commencement of any work.

You may obtain a Construction Certificate from Shellharbour Council or from a privately accredited certifier.