Blackbutt Youth Centre is now open! Read the FAQs below to find out more.
When is Shellharbour Youth Services re-opening?
Our Youth Services Team will be available from Monday 1 November 2021 on Monday – Thursday afternoons.
This is the first step in our COVID Safe Recovery Plan. The Youth Services Team have been working in background getting ready to re-open.
You won’t be able to do all the regular things, but we’ll have staff available.
Due to COVID safety measures, we will not be running any external programs, which means our outreach and school programs are still paused.
Will the Blackbutt Youth Centre re-open?
Blackbutt Youth Centre opens Monday 1 November 2021 from 2pm.
Youth Workers are available Monday to Thursday (from Monday 1 November ).
Drama Group will be back up and running face to face (from 1 November).
We will be running some of regular programs on Mondays and Wednesdays.
What time will you be open?
We have reduced opening times:
- Monday to Thursday between 2.00pm – 5.00pm for young people to visit a Youth Worker, and
- Programs on Monday and Wednesday from 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
If you would like to attend a program or make an appointment – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at the Blackbutt Youth Centre on 4295 3820.
What do I need to do before visiting?
Please check our Conditions of Entry below before attending the Blackbutt Youth Centre.
Please make sure you contact staff to let us know if you want to attend a program or make an appointment to visit the Blackbutt Youth Centre.
What are the Conditions of Entry?
- People aged 12 and over are required to wear masks indoors
- Please check-in using the QR code available at the entry point
- If you’re feeling unwell, or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms please do not enter
- Please keep 1.5m physical distance from others during your visit
- Please limit your movement to the areas allocated to your program
- Please comply with maximum number of people within each space
- Please do not move the location of tables and chairs, or other furniture
- Practise good hand hygiene by using sanitiser and washing your hands
What services and support are available?
Our regular programs will be kicking off at Blackbutt Youth Centre including:
Mondays and Wednesdays, 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Visit a youth worker
Monday – Thursday 2.00pm – 5.00pm (by appointment only).
If you would like to attend a program or visit a youth worker – please register your interest - email email@example.com or call us at the Blackbutt Youth Centre on 4295 3820.
Can I use a computer at the Blackbutt Youth Centre?
Computer and internet are available for use – however availability is limited – please contact us to book in a time.
Alternatively you can also access our wifi with your own device.
Can I hire the Blackbutt Youth Centre?
We are not available to take any new bookings for the Blackbutt Youth Centre hire. However, community groups with existing bookings will be able to continue using the space as long as they have their own COVID safe plans in place.
How are you keeping the Blackbutt Youth Centre Safe?
Our main focus is providing a safe and clean environment that local young people can access safely. We have created a number of new safety measures based on guidelines from the NSW State government including:
- Reducing the limit of people inside the building to maintain a space of 4m2 per person
- Promotion of social distancing inside and outside the building
- Regular cleaning of public areas inside the building
- Promotion of good hand hygiene and the availability hand sanitiser
How can I get future updates?
Keep an eye on our website and social media to get updated with changes for Youth Services and the Blackbutt Youth Centre.