Council’s Community Centres and Halls are available for hire with restrictions in place to meet Public Health Orders.
For Community Centres and Halls this includes:
- Limitations on the number of people that can be within each space. Areas within the Community Centres have been sign posted indicating the permitted number of people within each space. Please ensure to adhere to these signs.
- Capacity must not exceed one customer per 2 square metres (capacity limit) - please refer to each venues page for specific information regarding capacity limits
- The capacity limit does not apply if there are 25 customers or less at the premises. Please note, due to Council’s community facilities being hired and accessible to numerous hirers at any given time, this rule will apply on a case by case basis and request that you contact Council in the first instance.
- Children count towards the capacity limit.
- Maintain 1.5 metres physical distance where practical.
- Please click on the link for current COVID-19 information relating to Community Centres & Halls - https://www.nsw.gov.au/form/covid-safety-plan/community-centres-and-halls
As the hirer/licensee, please continue to:
· Implement and review your COVID safety plan. Please refer to the State Governments website: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules for further information.
· Adhere to the Government, your organisation's or governing bodies rules and guidelines.
· Promote social distancing of 1.5m and limitations on the number of people that can be within each space.
· Maintain a register of attendees and participants and you must inform your participants of this requirement for contact tracing, and retain this register in accordance with the Government guidelines.
· Wipe all surfaces during and at the end of each booking.
· Please do not move the location of tables, chairs or other furniture.
· Keep yourself up to date with Public Health Orders and State Government announcements.
· Please also make sure you visit Council’s Facebook page and/or website for updates on services and other key information.
· Inform Council immediately if there is any reported case or outbreak.
· ACTIVELY promote the following messages to all attendees:
1. If feeling unwell, or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home.
2. Practise good hygiene.
3. Limit movement to other areas within the building (excluding common areas and amenities)
4. Patrons should vacate the premises as soon as possible and not mingle within common areas, entrances and exits.
As always, the safety of our Community, Customers and staff is our top priority, therefore Council will continue to monitor the rules and guidelines to ensure compliance with Public Health Orders.
Should you require further information or to discuss your booking, please contact our team on 42216 111.