Council’s community centres and halls are available for hire with restrictions in place to meet public health orders. For community centres and halls this includes:
- Limitations on the number of people that can be within each space. Areas within the community centres have been sign posted indicating the permitted number of people within each space. Please ensure to adhere to these signs.
- Indoor group activities, such as yoga classes or group counselling sessions, have no more than 20 participants, plus the instructor or facilitator and any assistants, per space that complies with one person per 4 square metres. There may be multiple classes in a room if there is sufficient space to accommodate this and the classes must remain seperate.
- Maintain 1.5 metres physical distance where practical.
- Please click on the link for current COVID-19 information relating to Community Centres & Halls - https://www.nsw.gov.au/form/covid-safety-plan/community-centres-and-halls
As the hirer/licensee:
- you must have a COVID safety plan and keep this up to date
- you are required to maintain a register of attendees and participants and you must inform your participants of this requirement for contact tracing, and retain this register in accordance with the Government guidelines.
- you are required to provide hand sanitisers.
- wipe all surfaces at the end of each booking. All cleaning is to be undertaken within the hire period.
- Please do not move the location of tables, chairs or other furniture.
- to ACTIVELY promote the following messages to all attendees:
1. If feeling unwell, or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home.
2. Practise good hygiene.
3. Limit movement to other areas within the building (excluding common areas and amenities)
4. Patrons should vacate the premises as soon as possible and not mingle within common areas, entrances and exits.
Keep yourself up to date with Public Health Orders and State Government announcements. Please refer to the State Governments website: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules for further information.
Please call Council on 42216 111 to discuss your booking.