This year we are proud to host the 2021 Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards, an annual event that celebrates and promotes the achievements of Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal people and organisations that are based in the Kiama, Wollongong, Shoalhaven and Shellharbour Local Government Areas. The awards will be presented on Saturday 24 July 2021 at the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards Dinner at the Shellharbour Civic Centre. Approximately 180 people are expected to attend the event including Aboriginal Elders, community members, sponsors and other dignitaries.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
- Aboriginal Elder of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Worker of the Year
- Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
- Aboriginal Organisation or Project of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal)
Note: Aboriginal* inclusive of Torres Strait Islander people
Make a nomination by completing and returning a printable NAIDOC Awards Nomination Form or filling out the online nomination form. Entries for hand-delivered or mailed applications close Monday 21 June 2021. Online applications close Friday 25 June 2021.
The ticketed awards and dinner will take place inside the Shellharbour Civic Centre from 6pm to 8pm on Saturday 24 July, with tickets going on sale soon. From 8pm - 10pm the celebrations will move outside with free entertainment in the Civic Square.