Situated 1 ½ hours south of Sydney, Shellharbour is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia and is home to almost 78,000 people in a city that spans 154 square kilometres. It's a place of great natural beauty - stretching west from the picturesque coastline to rolling pastures, against the majestic backdrop of the Illawarra escarpment.
We employ up to 450 permanent and temporary employees over a wide variety of services to our local community. We support our employees with career development and encourage a work/life balance that creates a sustainable lifestyle.
Our values and selection process
We are committed to employing staff who behave and act in accordance with our Core Values (Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability) and Core Corporate Behaviours, and provide exceptional service to our 4C’s (Community, Councillors, Customers and Council). Our values aren’t something we just promote - it is who we are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and use merit-based selection techniques during our recruitment and selection process. We will choose the applicant who best meets the criteria for the position.
Working for Shellharbour City Council provides you with an opportunity to make a difference and work in a wide range of rewarding roles that serve our Community, Customers, Councillors and Council (4C’s).
We have a strong team culture and encourage development and progression while providing a work/life balance.
- 4 weeks annual leave per year
- 3 weeks sick leave per year
- Long service leave after 5 years
- 9 day fortnight (RDO’s) for outdoor employees
- Access to flexi-time for indoor employees
- Carers leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- Parental leave options
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fitness Passport
- Salary sacrifice options
- Weekly pay
- Automatic rates deductions for staff living in our LGA
- Training and development opportunities
- Job share
- Traineeships / cadetships / apprenticeships
- Higher grade pay or development opportunities
Applications are to be made online. View our guide to applying for positions for more information.
View our frequently asked questions for further information on the application and recruitment process.
For more information about working with us give our friendly Human Resources team a call on 4221 6111.