We are committed to employing staff who behave and act in accordance with our Core Values. Below you will find our core values behaviour statements.
- We seek opportunities to develop teamwork and cooperation to support high performance.
- We work together with our Community, Councillors, Customers and Council to achieve shared goals and the best outcomes.
- We communicate and listen openly and honestly to ensure information is shared in an efficient, transparent and timely way.
- I take responsibility for what I do and what I don't do.
- I demonstrate my commitment to deliver quality, reliable and professional services to our Community, Councillors, Customers and Council.
- I recognise my responsibility to learn, change and improve performance.
- We behave professionally, ethically and reliably in everything we say and do.
- We are genuine, honest and transparent.
- We have the courage to do what is right when it’s not the easiest route.
- I embrace diversity and welcome differences in backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints.
- I am friendly, open and polite in all my communications.
- I listen to and value the contributions of others.
- We support a safe and healthy work environment that treats everyone with fairness and equity.
- I seek to reflect community needs in the services I deliver.
- We make decisions today that will positively impact on Shellharbour City and its environment for generations to come.
- We adopt a long term view in the decisions we make and the actions we take so we can deliver enduring benefits to our community well into the future.
- We encourage creativity, innovation and continuous improvement to achieve a lasting impact