Our Small Environmental Projects Fund supports projects and environmental education that helps the local community to practice sustainable living and/or protect and promote the natural environment.
As part of the 2021/22 round of the Small Environmental Projects Fund public schools were invited to submit applications to participate in the Solar my School program.
The following schools were selected to participate in the program, excluding system and installation costs.
- Lake Illawarra High School
- Lake Illawarra South Public School
- Oak Flats Public School
These schools will receive:
- An independent assessment by an expert solar consultant to recommend the best size and location for solar panels
- An estimate of the system costs and savings
- Help with accessing grant funding to pay for the system
- Assistance with working with the NSW Department of Education
- Presentations to school P&Cs and boards
- Curriculum-linked solar educational resources
- Help with promotion to the wider community
The next round of the Small Environmental Projects Fund is anticipated to open again in July 2022.
For more information about the Small Environmental Projects Fund please contact Council's Environment Team on 4221 6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solar my School was jointly founded by Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils in Sydney, and is now licensed to other Councils and organisations to support schools to go solar in their local areas.