Learn to Swim
Our Learn to Swim program is available at Oak Flats Pool. We also have intensive classes available at Albion Park, Oak Flats, and Warilla pools.
For new customers - Classes are limited so grab a form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms will be placed in date order received.
Enrolment forms can be found here.
We accept Service NSW Active Kids Vouchers. Simply download, print the voucher, and add your child’s date of birth. This must be handed over at time of payment.
About our Learn to Swim programs
We aim to provide swimming and survival skills in a fun and professional environment to ensure everyone can learn to swim with ease and confidence.
Our classes run from Babies (6 months) to adults of all abilities. We are also able to cater to private lessons.
All our instructors are AUSTSWIM and ASCTA qualified.
About our Squad Programs-
We also offer Squad programs which include mini development and multi sport levels. Our mini and development levels allow kids to participate for general fitness and those wanting competitve pool coaching. Our multi sport squad includes triathletes, surf club, open water and competitive pool swimmers. We develop fitness, endurance, stroke correction in a great team environment.
2023 Term Dates
Monday 30 January – Thursday 6 April
Monday 24 April - Saturday 1 July
Monday 17 July - Saturday 23 September
Monday 9 October - Saturday 16 December
Learn to Swim
PER CLASS Additional (2nd)
5 DAY INTENSIVE Additional (2nd)
SQUAD TRAINING Up to 3 sessions
$16.50 1st Child
$12.50 Additional Child
PERFORMANCE SQUAD TRAINING 4 plus sessions
|5 DAY INTENSIVES SQUADS||N/A|
$82.50 1st Child
$62.50 Additional Child
Full payment is required prior to your child's lessons. Payment can be made at our at Oak Flats pool, through the Family Portal or over the phone, by calling 42 561362.
If you have any problems please speak to our Aquatics Program Coordinator.
We accept Service NSW ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHERS & FIRST LAP VOUCHERS. These MUST be emailed to our email@example.com prior to payment.
No refunds will be given for payments that have already been paid due to Active Kids Vouchers and First Lap not being handed in.
Please fill out our enrolment forms & email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our friendly aquatic team will contact you in the coming weeks on availabilities.
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions – General
It is a condition of entry to Shellharbour City Council Aquatic centres, that you agree to abide by the rules of entry and have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions and Payment & Cancellation Policies. You must also abide by all warning notices that are displayed at our facilities.
- All children must be supervised at all times by an adult whilst visiting our facilities.
- Non-toilet trained toddlers must wear an aqua nappy or similar whilst they are in the water.
- Glass bottles and containers are not to be brought into the pool area and please use the rubbish bins provided.
- In case of an emergency, please follow the instructions from one of our staff. Please note your nearest exit.
- Please ensure that all valuables are secured. We accept no responsibility for any loss. Motor vehicles are parked at your own risk whilst visiting our facilities.
- Absolutely no running anywhere within the centres. Exercise caution when walking in all wet areas.
- Children not involved in a lesson or organized session are not permitted to be in the water, including on stairs, ramps and ledges. Also do not place children attending swimming lessons in the water until the scheduled start of your lesson and only when the instructor is in the water and finished with the children from the previous class.
- If you, your child or other person who is in your care or control has a medical condition which may involve increased risk by being engaged in swimming or associated activity including but not limited to illness or conditions such as epilepsy, cardiovascular conditions, diabetes or pregnancy that a medical clearance be obtained by the entrant that it is safe to involve themselves in this recreational activity, and that the applicant has sought that advice and has approved your involvement in this recreational activity.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Any changes will be displayed in a notice at reception or on our website
Terms & Conditions – Conditions of Entry
- Risk and Responsibility - You must only swim where you are medically and physically fit and able to swim.
- In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines, all children under 6 years and non-swimmers are to be within arm’s reach of the supervising adult at all times.
- In accordance with Royal Lifesaving Society Guidelines, any child under the age of 10 years will not be permitted entry to the pool without the continuous supervision of a responsible person over the age of 16 years.
- Pool Lifeguards are an important safety feature, but they cannot and do not replace the close supervision of a parent or guardian.
Prohibited Use / Items:
- No bottles, glassware or metal utensils are to be brought into the pool area.
- No alcohol or drugs or persons suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are permitted on the premises.
- No bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc are to be ridden in pool grounds. No pets are permitted in the centre, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Please respect other patrons by not running, bombing, pushing, swearing or littering. Abusive or offensive behavior is not permitted.
- Diving is considered to be dangerous and is only permitted in training situations.
- All toddlers and babies who are not toilet trained must wear approved nappies.
- People who have had diarrhea within the previous two weeks should not swim in a public pool.
- Recognised swimwear must be worn.
Meet the Team
Holiday Intensives Programs
Holiday Intensives Programs for 2023- Please note enrolments are now FULL
Our programs include Learn to Swim and Squad and are an excellent introduction to school age children or for those who wish to increase their child’s skills over 5 consecutive days. 30 min classes are held each day.
It is a great opportunity for children to strengthen key techniques in the water, as well as accelerate their skills to achieve new milestones in all our levels.
We work on confidence in the water, stroke refinement, Dives (ready for school carnivals), starts and finishes, and familiarisation time in the 50m pool for carnival readiness.
Hours of classes run between:
9am – 12pm ( LTS) ages 5 and up ( 30 min)
DATES: To be advised in the later months of 2023.
These programs will include LTS and also Squad programs.
- Children must be 5 years and older.
- We also offer squad specific programs which are great for working on skills like diving, turns and correct stroke technique for upcoming school carnivals. Children must be able to swim 25m with no swimming aids. Have sound knowledge of breaststroke kick/ butterfly kick and backstroke.
Fill out our Intensives enrolment form here and email it back to email@example.com.
Please ensure all relevant information is filled in.
Active kids & First Lap Vouchers
Active Kids & First Lap Vouchers
The Active Kids program provides a $100 voucher for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
The current voucher, released on 1 January 2023, is valid until 30 June 2023.
Please send your Active Kids Vouchers and First Lap to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you have registered any respective participant and redeemed the voucher via the Service NSW portal.
To register your activity as an eligible program, simply go to:
2. Login to your Active Kids dashboard
3. Click ‘Programs’
4. Click ‘Add another program’
5. Select ‘School Holidays’ under Sport/Activity type
6. Complete the remaining fields then click ‘Add program’
If you require further help please refer to the Service NSW website here.