Under the NSW Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), you have a legally enforceable right to access most government information that we hold, unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.

How can I access Council information?

Informal Application Request for Information

Search our website to see if the information you are seeking is publicly available. If you are looking for documents related to a Development Application use our eServices application search.

If the information is not available online, you will need to complete an Informal Application Request for Information.

Formal Application for Access to Information

In some situations, Council may require you to complete a Formal Application for Access to Information. This could be for confidential/sensitive information or it may contain personal information of other parties. Prior to lodging your Formal Access Application, please read Information Privacy Commission's - Tips for framing your information access application to assist us to better understand what information you seek.

Request for Adjoining Property Owner Details

If you require the details of an adjoining property owner, these are the options available to you -

 For further information, please visit the NSW Community & Justice website.

Disclosure Log

Under section 25 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 Council must keep a disclosure log that records information about formal access applications made that could be of interest to other members of the public.

Once the access application has been decided, and the review rights have expired, the information is entered onto this Disclosure Log.

Last updated : Mon 14 Aug 2023