Are you having difficulty paying your rates?
Payment plans are offered to all ratepayers experiencing difficulty in paying their rates instalments by the due dates.
For more information phone Council on 02 4221 6111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been issued with a Pensioner Concession Card or receive a War Widows or TPI Pension and reside at the rated property, you may be eligible for a rate rebate of up to $250.
Part rate rebates may apply to ratepayers who become eligible pensioners after the issue of the rates. Applications should be made in person at our Administration Centre at the Shellharbour Civic Centre, 76 Cygnet Avenue, Shellharbour City Centre.
If you are having trouble paying your rates on time, we can provide hardship assistance and a personalised payment plan to help you get back on track.
Ratepayers are eligible to be considered for hardship assistance where the property you pay rates on is:
- your principal place of residence (home); or
- the principal place of residence of your dependent who is also suffering genuine financial hardship, or
- owned by an aged pensioner and is vacant whilst the ratepayer is in short-term care.
Depending on your needs, we can provide you with information about:
- payment options, including help to set up weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debits
- personal payment plans to help you pay off your overdue rates at the same time as addressing your future instalments in one easy plan
- access to Centrelink’s Centrepay facilities
For further information on pensioner rebates or hardship assistance, contact us on (02) 4221 6111.
If you receive a pension rebate, you will have until May 31 each rating year to pay your current rates and charges without incurring interest charges.