Under the NSW Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), you have a legally enforceable right to access most government information that we hold, unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.

How can I access Council information?

  • Search our website to see if the information you are seeking is publicly available. If you are looking for documents related to a Development Application use our eServices application search.
  • If you are unable to locate the information, contact us on 4221 6111 for assistance.
  • If the information is not available online, you will need to complete an Access to Information Request (informal)
  • In some situations, the Public Officer may require you to complete a  Formal Access Application. This could be for confidential/sensitive information or it may contain personal information of other parties. Prior to lodging your Formal Access Application, please read Tips for framing your information access application to assist us to better understand what information you seek.
  • If you require the details of an adjoining property owner, these are the options available to you -
  • Speak to your neighbour, tenant or managing agent;
  • Do a title search through Land Registry Services;
  • Lodge a Formal Application to Access Information with Council.  Please note there is a $30 application fee and a 30 day turnaround.  Council takes the privacy of individuals seriously and there is no guarantee that the information will be provided through this process.

          For further information, please visit the NSW Community & Justice website.

Last updated : Tue 22 Nov 2022