Shellharbour City Stadium has three multi-purpose courts ideal for sports including basketball, indoor soccer, hockey, netball, volleyball and badminton. The floor is made from southern blue gum and has a unique cushion design which absorbs shock and reduces fatigue, making it ideal for active sports. The cushion system is made up of two layers of sheathing plywood and the bottom is cushioned with PVC profiled pads. It provides uniform resilience with maximum quietness, strength and shock absorbing qualities. There is fixed seating for 400 and side court seating for 100.
The stadium also caters for community events, exhibitions, trade fairs and social activities for up to 800 people. The facilities include:
- On-site kiosk
- 2 x Function rooms with views over the courts or the Illawarra escarpment
- Referees change room
- First aid room
- Reception desk
- Accessible parking and disability access to courts, function room, toilets and change rooms.
- A large car park for up to 70 cars
- A central foyer
The stadium can provide 15 tables and 100 chairs. The hirer may need to be organise:
- Carpet tiles for court areas
- Additional tables and chairs
- Exhibition stands and modular
To apply to casually hire a court please call 4257 3468 or complete and return a court hire application form.