In the Making
Phoenix Rising by Trait
This mural is a play on the story of the Phoenix Rising. In Trait’s painting, the Black Swans are rising out of the Waratah Flowers in a loving embrace. The artwork incorporates native species found in the region- the Swans representing the coastal plain; the Waratahs representing the highlands; and the Illawarra Flame Tree flowers represent the escarpment. Faint silhouettes of the native phragmites (reeds) have also been included along the wall in other blank spaces to tie the whole wall together.
Location: Shellharbour Airport
Date: May 2021
More things like this Mural Festival
The City’s first-ever mural festival saw five artists painting simultaneously across different locations, with residents encouraged to drop in and watch as the designs develop across the day.
Featured artists and locations included:
- David Cragg at Shellharbour City Stadium, Croom
- Gus Eagleton at Addison Street, Shellharbour Village
- Claire Foxton at Bendigo Bank, Oak Flats, Griffiths Street
- Scott Nagy and Krimsone at Warilla Medical Centre, McKeon Lane, Warilla
- Trait at IMB Bank, McKeon Lane carpark, Warilla
Check out this page HERE to find out more.
Date: Australia Day 2021